Wireshark is the best network protocol analysis software used by many companies. Wireshark works in both OS ( Mac OSX & Windows, The Wireshark application for MAC is a continuation of a project that began in 1998, and has been developed by thousands of programmers from all over the world, and is still developing it.
As already mentioned, Wireshark software is a network packet analyst. A network packet analyst tries to capture network packets and tries to get the details of those packets as close as possible. One can assume that the network packet analyzer is like a measurement tool that is used to see what’s happening within a network cable. Like a voltmeter that is used by an expert to measure what’s inside a power cable.
Key features include
- Live to record data packets from the network interface.
- View packages with the most detailed protocol information.
- Open and save the recorded data packet.
- Import and export data packets to/from other recording programs.
- Package filtering based on different criteria.
- Search for packages based on different criteria.
- Coloring the display of packages based on filters.
- Create different statistical models.
- Duplicate various protocols.
- Open source software.